A foundational concept of getting stronger and developing muscle is Progressive Overload.
If this is not respected, that result in the gym will be at best random, and at worst non-existent.
Steve and Bryn have learnt the hard way. Many ways of ‘wasted’ effort and pain in the gym, all for little to no progressive towards the physique goals we had.
So, in the spirit of increasing our Gym IQ, this podcast chat goes into what is Progressive Overload, how to think about it in everyday life, and then on to tall the ways you can think about progressively overloading in the gym.
Before we get into that discussion, for ~20mins, Bryn shares his big-group holiday in Spain – the good, the beautiful, and the stressful. Pretty shocking, and some lessons to take from his experience…
Here’s what we cover on Progressive Overload, with many examples and personal anecdote to help drive the points home:
1️⃣ – What is Progressive Overload?
2️⃣ – How it relates to every day life
3️⃣ – How to make sure you are Progressively Overloading
4️⃣ – The Progressive Overload Formula
5️⃣ – The 6 ways to Progressively Overload from week-to-week
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Media.