Calories: 744 kcal per person (1457 kcal total)
Macros Per Person: 35g Protein, 55g Carb & 30g Fat
Changing your consumption and nutrition habits can be tough at first. If you can start with easy convenience and go on the journey with your partner it can make it so much more achievable. This amongst other AdapNation meals helps with exactly that, whilst maintaining the non-negotiable criteria – being incredibly tasty! The paste, coconut milk and garnish comes deconstructed from Blue Dragon with a healthy ingredient list. Pan fry some chicken and then cook in with the sauce, combining some White Mushrooms and Carrot for extra bite and goodness. Microwave a pack of Basmati Rice and garnish with Coriander dried Chillies. Yummy, fast and full of goodness. 😋
This is a sharing bowl, and is to be split equally between two people. There’s a little lesson here in calorie awareness – rice and coconut milk are both calorific, meaning you get less volume when compared to other whole foods such as sweet potato and sheeps yoghurt. Something to be mindful of. Great option if you’re someone who struggles to get enough calories. 👍
For Two People:
- Free Range Chicken (cubed) – 450g
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – 1x teaspoon
- White Mushrooms – 3x medium
- Carrots – 1x medium
- Steamed Basmati Rice (microwavable pouch) – 250g
- 3-Step Thai Green Curry Sauce (Blue Dragon) – 253g
- Fresh Coriander – 2x sprigs
- Dried Red Chillies – 3x (comes with the sauce kit)
- Chicken is a great source of healthy lean protein. With 31 grams of protein per 100 grams, is one of the best foods for protein. A good source of Magnesium, Vitamin A, Potassium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and a variety of Vitamin B’s, with trace amounts of calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B-12, vitamin E and vitamin D.
- White Mushrooms are being touted as nature’s nutritional supplement as they are loaded with the nutrients our bodies need to generate energy and repair cells — including digestive enzymes, a spectrum of B vitamins, protein, and vitamin D2.
- White Mushrooms are great sources of indigestible fibre (inulin) and have prebiotic benefits for your guts microbiome.
- Carrots are a rich source of Beta carotene – a powerful antioxidant that can also be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy skin.
- White Rice is pretty empty when it comes to nutrients to be honest, but it is so much better than choosing Brown Rice as the harmful Lectins (such as Gluten) in the wholegrain have mostly been removed.
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is high in healthy fats called medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) that increase healthy cholesterol. MCFAs provide the perfect source of energy because they are much easier to digest and convert to energy, are not readily stored as fat, antimicrobial and antifungal.
- Ingredients Within the Thai Curry Sauce – Mostly Coconut milk, Garlic, Shallot, Lemongrass, Basil, Kaffir Lime leaves and peel, Coriander seeds, Turmeric. Prebiotic benefits, antioxidant properties and healthy fats for a balance hormone production are just some of the ingredient benefits.
Follow this Food Diary micro-blog as it unfolds. Comment if you have questions or ideas on meals, and please keep me honest to the above.